CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

8 Years Down....Eternity to Go

Today Bret and I have been married for 8 years. I know its sounds like a long time...but when you think that you are married to someone for "time and all eternity" its sounds like hardly any time at all. Its hard to believe that we were so young once.....(I know I sound like I'm some old lady reflecting upon her life) but really it seems like these pictures are from a lifetime ago. I decided that I would dig up some pictures of when Bret & I were "dating" and then when we got married. They are pretty priceless.........Sorry the pictures are a little scattered in size, etc. We don't have a scanner so I had my Dad scan them and burn them onto a cd for me..........So without further ado......I give you Bret & Carrie.
This was Prom 1998. I think this was our second date. (Our first being a double date with his parents....hahaha) The theme was "Story Book Love" from The Princess Bride. I know Bret has such a chubby baby face in this picture and is rockin' a sweet mullet. My dress was freakin' awesome....You can't really tell but I was actually wearing a hoop skirt, I thought it was so cute. Every time I had to get into Bret's car he had to hold the door open while I hurried and pulled all of my skirt in the car and then he would shut the door and I would let go of my dress and it would pop up and take up practically all of the room in the front of the car. It was hilarious. We had a fun time, but I ended up feeling sick that night while watching movies at his house and fell asleep and didn't wake up til around 2 or 2:30 A.M. I woke up and started freaking out at him because it was so late....luckily I only lived 5 houses down the road.

I know...I know... you're thinking "Carrie, what's with the 80's hair?" Honestly, I have no answer for you other than I thought it was cute at the time. This picture is from Snowball 99'. Our senior year. It was a matching shirt dance and so we decided to make our own. Yeah, it wasn't until after we had made our shirts and I tried it on that I noticed the choice placement of my palm trees.....oh well.


This is one of our engagement pictures done probably summer of 2000. Bret was really big into wearing suspenders and I had multi-colored hair. We were young and in love so who cared, right? Aren't we so cute?!











Bret and I on Aug. 11, 2000. We were married in the Bountiful Temple. It was a fun and very nerve wracking day, I wish I could look like that everyday. We were supposed to be married around 1 o'clock, but smartie pants me left my shoes and our marriage certificate on the couch at home in North Ogden. Luckily one of my Mom's friends brought it to us or I wouldn't be here 8 years later. I'm so lucky that Bret was patient enough and persistant enough to wait for me to figure out what exactly I was looking for. I am very grateful for his love and understanding. But mostly I am grateful for the 2 great kids that we have. On most days I look forward to spending an eternity with them ;)






And finally I had to post a picture from my wedding day with all the girlfriends. Ladies....we've come a long way. Aren't we all so cute? Did you ever imagine back then we would all be old married women, having children, and raising families? Crazy! I love you all and don't see you nearly enough...(hint to Crystal....still waiting for that August BBQ....I've only seen Logan twice now.) Oh, and by the way......for all of you people that worry what would happen to the Angel Moroni on top of the Temples if there were to ever be a fire...........don't. Apparently there is an escape ladder for just such emergencies!
P.S. Thanks for my wedding video Booty Cam!




2 comments:

Andie said...

Yeah you're not kiddin about that hair! I'm glad to say I now know you in your more tamer years! Congrats on 8 years! It will be 7 for Jon and I this year! Holy crow, we are old! See ya tomorrow at work, yuck!

Dave & Karissa Hardman said...

I love that picture! It is one of the few I have of all of us together. That was such a happy sunshiney day. Love yer head my dear and always will. How the time flies!!!!